Town of Swanzey Trick-or-Treating Information
The Town of Swanzey Trick-or-Treating will be held on Saturday, October 31st from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, town officials are reminding residents to take precautions if they choose to participate in Halloween festivities.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when trick-or-treating or when handing out treats
- Avoid confined spaces and large gatherings or parties
- Find ways to trick-or-treat while staying at least 6 feet away from others, including when handing out and accepting treats
- Clean hands frequently
- Stay home if you are not feeling well, or if you have been in close contact with someone who is sick with COVID-19 or who has symptoms of COVID-19
- Those who are at greatest risk of severe illness are encouraged to avoid high risk activities
As a reminder, participating in trick-or-treating is completely optional. If you do not wish to participate, please leave your exterior light off or make a sign indicating that you are not participating to notify possible trick-or-treaters.
For more information on safe ways to celebrate Halloween, review recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and the State of New Hampshire. These outlined recommendations are subject to change, based on rates of COVID-19 in Swanzey in late October.