Open Container Permit

Click here for the Open Container Permit Application.

Swanzey New Hampshire's Open Container Permit Ordinance, adopted March 13, 1984:

"No person shall consume any alcoholic beverages or possess any open container having alcoholic beverages there, upon any public way, highway, sidewalk, municipal parking lot, or inside or outside any motor vehicle on such way, within the limits of the Town of Swanzey without a permit therefor.  Permits for the consumption or possession of such alcoholic beverages shall be secured from the Selectmen.  Permits may be granted upon application to the Selectmen indicating clearly the name of the applicant, and the day, time, and place for which the permit is being requested.  In the event that the applicant is an organization, the Selectmen must be satisfied that certain named individuals within the organization shall have the full responsibility to keep the area for which the permit is granted in good order and condition during the time the permit is in existence, and responsibility for leaving the area in good order and condition at the conclusion of such use.

"Alcoholic beverages referred to herein shall be as defined in Chapter 175 of the New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated, or any supplements thereto.

"Violation of this ordinance shall be punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100.00)."

Click here for the Open Container Permit Application.

Updated with us