603-352-7411 ext. 105
P.O. Box 10009, Swanzey NH 03446
Information on Town building code and zoning construction requirements:
For answers to questions regarding the building permit application process or requirements, please contact the Code Enforcement Officer at 352-7411 x 105 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT REQUIRES A BUILDING PERMIT?
- New construction, including additions, remodeling and repairs; any structural changes to interior or exterior.
- Construction of any detached structure.
- Change of occupancy of any structure or part thereof.
- Demolition of any detached structure or part thereof.
- New or replacement or addition to any heating, air conditioning, plumbing or electrical system.
WHAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A BUILDING PERMIT?
- Minor, non-structural repairs.
- Re-siding, re-roofing.
- Gutters, drainpipes, and fences that are 7 feet or under, retaining walls under 4 feet.
- Sidewalks and driveways (a driveway does require a driveway permit from the Director of Public Works).
- Cabinets, counter-tops, floor coverings, paint & paper.
- Pools less than 24 inches deep.
- Playground equipment.
- Decks not exceeding 200 s.f. in area, that are not more than 30 inches above grade at any point, that are not attached to a dwelling and do not serve an entrance / exit door.
If you’re not sure whether a permit is necessary, please contact the Code Enforcement Officer.
State building code separates the application process into residential and non-residential uses. Please submit the appropriate information on the application form.