The Golden Rod Grange No. 114 was constructed in 1915-1916 and designed specifically for Grange use with a lodge room with stage for dramatic productions, a dining/meeting hall, and a kitchen. The Grange was sold to the Town of Swanzey on May 15, 1992. Since 1993, the Swanzey Preservation Society has been working to rehabilitate the building for use as a centralized meeting place for town activities. The building was individually listed to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994 under Criterion A for significance in Social History. Though there was a flurry of rehabilitation work done in the 1990s by the Swanzey Preservation Society, the building has sat relatively untouched for the last twenty years.